/9/ - 9chan

Site Announcements & Discussion

Click or drag files here to upload
>>
No. 3147
Last 350 Reply >>3159 >>3160 >>3188 >>3189 >>3459

This is a transparency report for 9chan for April 20th to May 9th. This is our first transparency report. All subsequent transparent reports will be made on the 9th of each month.

During this time, I have received no communication from any law enforcement from any country. I have not received any DMCA takedown notices. No posts have been deleted at the request of a 3rd party.

After launch, the site was immediately attacked by a persistent threat posting child sex abuse material (CSAM). Measures have been taken to secure the site. Volunteer staff are now available to watch the file moderation dashboard in all timezones. Further improvements to our file banning system, the implementation of the Cloudflare CSAM filter (built in cooperation with the NCMEC), to the websocket system retroactively removing banned images from client browser windows, and to the responsiveness of the file dashboard itself have greatly reduced the effectiveness of this vector of attack. These improvements have allowed me to enable Tor posting with files again. The average lifespan of this material is under 60 seconds.

Our launch was made more difficult by the sudden and unexpected seizure of the 9chan.us domain by the CEO of Epik, Rob Monster. After a phone call he agreed to allow the domain to be forwarded, but it doesn't have a valid SSL certificate and is not behind Cloudflare, so most users will probably not follow the redirect. Our current registrar is the same as 8kun.top, and it has already endured complaints from 3rd parties.

There have been no other domain seizures or hosting problems.

This PGP key is set to expire on April 20th, 2021. For the transparency notice of April 2021, I will include the fingerprints of the new PGP key.

Sincerely,
Josh josh@9chan.org
36E3 7BF9 6C85 74F1 10F1 B60F 9FE5 996E A30C D54D

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

nanoarchiver@tutanota.de

No. 3164
>>3168

>>3161

I must admit it is a wise choice to enlist those who are responsible but don't ask for power but from my perspective, it was not about CSAM, but to support and help out on a project I greatly admire as I have seen many imageboards sink when the Captain lacks his Crew.

• Archiver
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

wannabe freud claptrap

No. 3173
>>3174 >>3184 >>3192

>>3165

I don't believe that it's an organized front but my take on it is that the anonymous nature of imageboards where actions are rarely punished attracts mentally dysfunctional individuals, they must recieve a quick hit of dopamine or something from the action of psycho-sexual rebellion against decency and morality, similar to how shitlibs gain brief gratification when shouting buzzword shit like "GENDER EQUALITY" "ORANGE MAN RAYCISS"

>>3168

Someone who's been on Imageboards for a long while.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 3192

>>3173
>I don't believe that it's an organized front but my take on it is that the anonymous nature of imageboards where actions are rarely punished attracts mentally dysfunctional individuals, they must recieve a quick hit of dopamine or something from the action of psycho-sexual rebellion against decency and morality, similar to how shitlibs gain brief gratification when shouting buzzword shit like "GENDER EQUALITY" "ORANGE MAN RAYCISS"

That used to be the case... These days it is coordinated groups seeking to either remove or take over. The very existence of people that they cannot control drives them up a wall. Various dickcord groups, think-tanks, and assorted government organizations see such places as this as threats because of irrational beliefs or as you mentioned that hit of superiority, "threat modelling" (think-tanks), or the desire for "Full-spectrum dominance" (Government organizations since governments see the people they govern as the enemy).

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 3459
>>3460 >>3461 >>3503

>>3147
>During this time, I have received no communication from any law enforcement from any country.

Does the American government have the right to compel you to make a false public speech that you have not been contacted by the glow-in-the-darks even when they in fact have contacted you?

>>
>>