/9/ - 9chan

Site Announcements & Discussion

Click or drag files here to upload
>>

The "I need help with my board" thread

No. 946
Last 350 Reply >>948 >>1135 >>1704 >>1814 >>1815 >>3514

If you need help adding assets to your board, or styling your board to look a certain way, post here. I'll try to help myself when I can and I'm willing to make commits if certain things are too hard to do.

If you want a blue board like this one, the easiest way is to mark it "Worksafe" in the config. This follows the 4chan idea of red boards = nsfw, blue boards = sfw.

A good way to make your board stand out is by giving it a good board icon. It's on the asset page. The icon shows up everywhere on the site outside of your board. It accepts SVGs.

>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 951
>>952 >>955 >>1116 >>>/mecha/40 >>1179

this is what i use on /pone/ board to change some of the basic colors around :

body,
html {
background: #ccccff;
}

element {
}
.post-container.nsfw {
background: #ccddff;
border-color: #9999ff;
}

element {
}
main.index-threaded .thread {
padding: 1em;
clear: both;
border-top: 1px solid #0c2c9d;
}

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 1616
>>1621

>>1614

If you're going to be stroppy to half the userbase then you might as well delete the whole website until you can "mitigate the damage the pedos can do" because even 4chan which bans tor and 90% of VPNs still gets CP spam on /tv/, /gif/, /s/ & /b/.

what can be done is direct eradication delete on sight policy lead by a team of non-janny vols

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 1634
>>1636 >>1640

>>1625

Nah they know that no clearnet site on the planet would ever want to or can host their shit. So its not even like you even could give them what they wanted on isolated boards. They are just trash human beings that want to shut down the site. Also most of them are probably not even pedos and just want to make life hard for the site.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 1640
>>1641 >>1643 >>1694

>>1634

That's not even true though, a good example is LibreLand, though it wasn't hosted in the US, pedos had a board and they didn't cause much trouble for the site, site never got into legal trouble either, literally the only reason it got shut down was because the owner (even after allowing it) had moral issues with the site being mostly used by pedos and shut it down, you CAN keep pedos at bay if you please them just enough, Josh has already established he won't be doing that though so it's no point in even trying to debate.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 1781

>>1769

Do you have plans to open up applications for global mods and janitors? I'm sure that there are many people who would be interested and it would be enough to keep the spam at bay at least to keep some quality discussion on /b/ and to perhaps discourage some of the spammers.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 1844
>>1847

>>1821

legacy board names are locked dunno what josh has planed for them

>Okay, the following URLs are what I've settled on banning for launch.
>(3|a|aco|adv|an|asp|b|bant|biz|c|cgl|ck|cm|co|d|diy|e|f|fa|fit|g|gd|gif|h|his|hm|hr|i|ic|int|jp|k|lgbt|lit|m|mlp|mu|n|o|out|p|po|pol|r|r9k|q|s|s4s|sci|soc|sp|t|tg|toy|trash|trv|tv|u|v|vg|vip|vp|vr|w|wg|wsg|x|y)(cp)

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 2269
>>2286

im making a new >>>/eerie/
i tried just copypasting my CSS from the 8/eerie/ ( https://8kun.top/eerie/index.html here's the link if you want to see what it's supposed to look like)
it mostly worked with just some fuckups.

what i care about most is this:

body {
background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/sZjOE0o.png');
background-attachment: fixed;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: right bottom
}

this didn't carry over, is having a background image supported here? i want that real bad.
thanks

>>
>>
>>
No. 2297
>>2300 >>2336 >>3093

>>2285

I lub u THANK u so much

Also, if you would like to share ur themes, or have questions about making themes u could go to a board I made. I might also make a static page and I'll edit it and add everyone's themes to the page. :)

>>>/themes/

I also made a theme myself like 5 days ago if anyone wants to use it :)
https://github.com/drogs/9chan
(Also if u plan on using it, pls make sure to tell me if u find any problems that need fixed)
Please be warned that the code is pretty ugly and could be made a lot shorter, but I'm pretty amateur.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 2514
>>2515 >>2835

>>2285
>>2286

body {
background-image: url('https://9chan.tw/garrettandeerie/file/7450f78e4c833ed4e0a5a684b137015fceb983df4dee276dda296b84233f33de/1588203462-3.png');
background-attachment: fixed;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: right bottom

i put this in and got this message "The CSS you've supplied contains references that are not allowed."

damn............ i just want this background image bros

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 2835
>>2836 >>3072 >>3084 >>3116

>>2514

hey, me again, you probably noticed i now own like the only boards on the whole site to have background images.
that's because i paid someone named xeraph Animal Crossing items to make me custom CSS hahhaha.
and I'm really proud of how it came out and I'm even more stoked to be around here now.

>>>/garrettandeerie/
>>>/bovines/

give them a look.
i think /bovines/ needs some work to make the text more legible, like im thinking of making the background pattern more sparse or making the OP text larger. if you have any suggestions for it let me know.
the best part is I own the Eerie one and the bovines one is royalty free so no one can fuck with it.

anyway I was watching your new Mad at the Internet and I wanted to offer you my services as a janitor who does it for free. I want this place to work out, I have big big hopes for this place, you're the only site owner that I would trust at this point and if this site disappears then so will I. And I want you to consider that you're not really making any effort to advertise this place outside of your own fanbase, which is who I heard of it from. I've always known of you and your content of course, but i don't actively consume it and would have no idea of your site if it weren't for my online friend who watches all of your stuff mentioning it to me. i mean i don't think it'd be fair to say "oh there's just no audience for the site" and close down when the only people you've reached are your 1000 fans. it totally sucks! okay?
email me dude, for janitorial work, for you know, if you want some pawn to go post links to 9chan all over Discord servers or whatever, I can do that, i can do whatever you want me to.

you're the man josh, i want to help you to succeed 'cause i want a platform where i can succeed too!

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 3116
>>3118 >>3119

>>2835

I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a global in order to advertise the site. I mean, I'm not a global and I do it all the time. I suppose I could be a global since Josh probably needs a lawyer on staff, though I honestly wouldn't want to deal with that kind of headache; but what do you personally bring to the table besides being a sperg?

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 3332
>>3333 >>3343

Here is an updated css from my pone board if anyone cares.
Note that if you want to have the "navigation bar" enabled again just edit "font-size: 0em;" to "font-size: 1em;"
If you instead want to change the color of the "navigation bar" add this block:

element {
}
header nav.boardlist {
background: #d6daf0;
background: var(--primary-medium);
color: #34345c;
color: var(--primary-darker);
vertical-align: baseline;
box-shadow: 0 2px 2px -1px rgba(0,0,0,.1);
background: #b8a8ff;
}

Also if you want to get the announcements back just delete this entire block:

}
aside.announcement {

border-bottom: 0px solid #b7c5d9;
    border-bottom-color: rgb(183, 197, 217);
border-color: var(--primary-dark);
border-top: 0px solid #b7c5d9;
    border-top-color: rgb(183, 197, 217);
border-top-color: var(--primary-dark);
color: red;
padding: 1em;
margin: 1em 0;
font-size: 0em;
font-weight: 700;
text-align: center;

}

Here is my crappy code:
https://textuploader.com/1czng

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 3380
>>3382

>>3343

ye i had the same problem.
sry for late reply but for some reason the css doesn't work to well with other default dark themes etc. so i made a compromise in my new theme here:
https://textuploader.com/1cnrc
essentially it was the catalog css changes and the font color css changes that bricked the default dark themes. so i reverted them for now until josh can sort it out lol.

>>
>>
No. 3382

>>3380

in my pone css you have these two blocks:

element {
}
.post-container.nsfw {
background: #ccddff;
border-color: #9999ff;
color: #;
}

and

}
.post-content {
padding: 0;
background:;
}

as you can see i hastily removed the "color" and "background" values in these two. these correspond to catalog and font colors. removing them makes it possible for users to use the default dark themes for now.
I also inserted more values into other areas such as brighter greens and lilac for "trips", "name", "reply" etc. See >>>/pone/ These have thus far proven not to mess with the dark themes too much.

>>
No. 3383

id suspect you have to find a css command that allows for both dark and bright css styles. as i mentioned i reverted my primary font color as it kills the default dark themes. but i found a command yesterday called:
color: var(--primary-darker);
i had hoped it would have allowed me to have my dark blue font color to be inverted to white in dark mode, but i wasnt able to get it working properly. im sure a better command exists for such a purpose somewhere lol.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>