We are 9chan ("we", "our", "us"). We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If you have questions about your personal information please contact us.
What information we hold about you
The type of data that we collect and process includes:
- Your name and/or username.
- Your email address.
- Your IP address.
Further data may be collected if you choose to share it, such as if you fill out fields on your profile.
We collect some or all of this information in the following cases:
- You register an account with the service.
- You fill out fields on your profile.
- You fill out option details on posts you make.
How your personal information is used
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Account owners may be contacted by email about boards you run or other relevant site activities.
- Your IP address is recorded when you post or register a board. This IP address is only available to administrators. Staff and board operators see a unique token representing your IP.
- Anonymous technical information (such as your browser user agent and pages visited) may be temporarily logged by the server, especially when the server is undergoing active debugging.
Keeping your data secure
The greatest policy for keeping user data secure is by holding as little of it as possible for as little time as possible. Logs will be routinely deleted, never stored on third party services, and posts will have associated IP data scrubbed regularly.
Cookies are an optional part of the service that only need to be enabled to access the control panel. When using the public boards, cookies are used to improve user experience dealing with anti-spam measures.
Acceptance of this policy
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy at any time. You may be asked to review and re-accept the information in this policy if it changes in the future.