/videogames/ - Video Games

video games

Click or drag files here to upload
>>

vidya suggestions thread

No. 3699
Last 350 Reply >>3700 >>3704 >>3734 >>3765 >>3787 >>3875 >>3900 >>4069 >>4843 >>5727 >>6233 >>6576

Before we start having game nights, we need to decide on a game so feel free to suggest and vote for games that you want to play together.

poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/20014135 alt-poll: https://poll.snopyta.org/vidyawar

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 3707
>>3708 >>3709 >>3786

Dino D-Day. I'm willing to buy some chaps keys.
For situations where an anon like me is willing to get some other anons keys for games that cost money, maybe we could have little competitions of sorts with a select few winners who get the keys? Low effort stuff- like chess, or even roll threads, perhaps. Just an idea.

>>
>>
No. 3709
>>3711

CS1.6, Quake III, Unreal+2004, Doom, ReVolt(I hated it but it was a successful gamenight), Battlefield, Diablo 2 (spawned into a server that actually lasted 2 months), etc. It is possible to get this back up again provided that we make selections that are perfect for toasters and pirates alike so as to streamline everything into easy playability.

>>3707

No need for that when you can just dump perfect free copies for everyone to grab.

>>3708

I don't know where he went or if he still cares, but I and a couple others tried to keep this going just before 8ch died hard.

>>
>>
>>
No. 3718
>>3786

>>3711

Drop the state of the folder you want to share verbatim and it will work perfectly. What you're worried about is temp hosting on an easy dedicated server. That costs at most $20 for one month so that everyone can get onboard and have a good time for a gamenight with a lot of interest. If there was assurance that enough people would play then it's nothing really to rent out a server or create one from a game with less tedious architecture (valve-like multis etc).

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
No. 6639
>>6665 >>6683

I'm going to play this. Seems pretty topical, has netplay, and apparently got dumped on Github under an MIT license. Now all it needs is a nigger mod to change the rioters' skin to majority black.

>>
>>
>>
>>